What is the difference?
A lot of power tools have emerged in the market. Some of them are similar in appearance and functions, but they can also be distinct from one another based on their specialties and performance. Many people wonder if they are going to use a scroll saw or band saw.
What are the differences of the scroll saw and the band saw?
Here are the main factors to take note of to identify their differences from each other.
- Blade Size. Band saws use blades that have a width of 3/8 inches or more. Blade lengths are usually 6 to 11 feet in size. Scroll saws use less than ¼ inch blades for width, and 5 to 6 inches for length. With these measurements, band saw blades are longer and wider compared to those of the scroll saw.
- Performance in Cutting Edges. Both scroll saws and band saws are mostly used for cutting edges. When it comes to evaluating their performance in this parameter, scroll saws can cut edges with a slower rate but with a smoother and cleaner effect. The band saws, on the other hand, could cut edges with a faster rate but with a rougher touch or effect.
- Radius Capabilities. Creating a radius or a circular shape in wood and other materials is done more easily through scroll saws. A band saw cannot create smaller circles because of its huge size blades. It can’t turn as sharply and accurately as the scroll saw to create various circular or curve designs.
What are their specialties?
- Lines vs. patterns. Still not decided whether to purchase a scroll saw or bandsaw? If most of your work depends on cutting through straight lines, get the best band saw. If you intend to work on creating a lot of patterns in your work or projects, choose the best scroll saw.
- Cabinets vs. crafts. Both band saw and scroll saw can be used for different cabinet and craft designs. If you intend to create a lot of modern, sleek cabinets for your bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom, you may opt for the band saw. Band saws will be able to handle different sizes of wood. If you want to focus on the art of creating different home decors or crafts, it is best to use a scroll saw.
To let you decide what you need to choose between a band saw and a scroll saw, check on the latest designs at homes and offices in these recent times. If they show more intricate patterns, which most people easily get amazed at, get the most amazing scroll saw in the market right away.
Woodworkers mostly have the band saw in their wide collection of power tools, as they cater to different clients. Hobbyists and crafters would definitely enjoy using scroll saws a lot. They can also make money from it by selling art pieces or decors after utilizing their scroll saw. Beginners or novices in woodworking will also feel amazed by how the scroll saw works uniquely and creatively.